05 February 2010

Dog Days




I'm sorry that Life is Strange #5 isn't up this week. I hope you'll forgive me because I've been preoccupied in the past 2 days with a doggie.

How did I get one? On Wednesday, my mother picked him up from someone and we took him in. He was a small grayish-black Westie, and he was cute and oh so energetic. We gave him a bath, a makeshift habitat for him to sleep in and a dish of water and some Beneful for him to eat. That same night, we discussed about the dog and we realized that we could not keep him due to the fact that we wouldn't be around to look after him as much as we needed to and that we simply cannot afford to care for him. After the discussion, I made the decision to not give him a name. Why? I've learned in life that if you learn the name of someone or have named something on your own, you'll grow attached to him/her/it. And if you lose said person/thing, the pain of loss will worsen. This was true when I had pets as a child, with a dog when I was seven, and a few guinea pigs when I was 9 and 10. Dead pets suck; the more you had, the worse you feel after each has bit the dust or run away. Same rules apply to people. This is possibly why I don't have many friends.

Anyway, my mother found someone who would take him in permanently, so we will be rid of him tomorrow. Again, I have no attachment to this pup, but the experience was something that will stay with me for life. Today, I did make it a point to play with him since he'll be out of my life tomorrow. Playtime was fun, although it was pretty damned cold and damp outside.

Here are some pictures I took from the times we went outside. To be honest, most of them suck due to the fact that he just wouldn't keep still:

Here, here, here, and here.

If you don't believe me about him being energetic, watch this. I should warn you though--the following video contains unhealthy amounts of cute:



As I type this, he is asleep in his habitat. This is his final night here, and after he leaves tomorrow, he will be missed. Probably. Not.

Bless,

siggy 2010