11 June 2010

FOOD REVIEW: Spicy Chick Fil A Sandwich



FIRST-EVER FOOD REVIEW: Spicy Chick Fil A Sandwich, $2.99 plus tax, Chick Fil A.

DISCLAIMER: This review is not endorsed by nor affiliated with Chick Fil A. All my opinions are belong to me.

I'm not going to be pretentious or verbose here. I'm going to write how I honestly feel about this product in my own words. If you want a detailed essay about how food tastes, then go read the newspaper. Thank you.

REVIEW: On Monday, June 7, Chick Fil A released their new spicy variant of their flagship sandwich, the Chick Fil A chicken sandwich, to the public. I decided to try it out of sheer curiosity, and because of earlier reviews that praised the sandwich (it was given out to select people the week before the sandwich publicly came out).

The packaging was similar to the original sandwich, and as I opened it up, the sandwich was nice and hot. Two buns, a spicy boneless chicken breast, lightly breaded and cooked in peanut oil, and two pickles probably won't sound impressive in writing, but damn, when put together and eaten, the result is delicious.

Upon first bite, a rush of spice has filled my mouth and I start coughing. It isn't a tongue burner, but it will leave a good burn inside you. The taste is actually genuine and reminds me of Texas Pete or Tabasco. What's even more amazing is that the chicken must've been marinated well, because the spice isn't limited to the crunchy outside, but is also found on the juicy white meat inside as well. The pickle just adds that slight 'ting' that completes the bite. In short, three words: SO. FUCKING. DELICIOUS.

PROS: The spice makes a great addition to an already great sandwich.
CONS: The spice may either be too spicy for some, or not spicy enough for others.

GRADE: A.

FINAL WORD: For three bucks, this is a good deal. It's basically the original sandwich, but with some added spice. Highly recommended.

siggy 2010