30 July 2010

Smile


No, not that one.


Hello.

It's that time of year again, in which I go back to school sometime next month. Aside from preparing myself for my future classes, I'm also preparing some new illustrations to be submitted early to the college newspaper. Aside from a few political cartoons and single frame gags, I'm planning on working on a series again. Hopefully it'll last longer than "Smile".



"Smile" was a comic I wrote for my college's newspaper and it lasted only two episodes. Why? To be honest, I was late with my work. I was dropped for consistently missing deadlines, and I feel that I deserved that. Also, the comic was named after the band Brian May, Roger Taylor, and Tim Staffell formed in 1968 before disbanding in 1970 and later becoming the hit band Queen, minus Staffell.

Anyway, here's the archive of every (read: three) "Smile" comic I've drawn, including one that wasn't published. Enjoy.

SMILE 1: "Bad Days"


SMILE 2: "The Oregon Trail"


SMILE 3: "Friday Night"


The final, unpublished strip was also adapted for YouTube:


Until next time,
siggy 2010